How to Recognize an Authorized UGI RepresentativeJanuary 27th, 2014
At UGI EnergyLink, we are all for helping you lock in a low rate when it comes to your family’s natural gas supply. We pride ourselves on being active in your community and making our customers the top priority. But before UGI EnergyLink focuses on saving your family money, your safety and privacy come first.
UGI EnergyLink is sister companies with UGI Utilities, which has been serving your Pennsylvania area for over 127 years. Both of our companies hope to keep your home and personal and financial records safe.
Last year, UGI Utility wrote this press release informing our customers on protecting themselves against imposters acting as UGI representatives. To better protect our UGI EnergyLink customers, we’ve published it here on our blog as well:
UGI Urges Customers to Protect Themselves Against Imposters
UGI Utilities reminds customers to protect themselves and their property against individuals who may be posing as UGI employees.
UGI wants customers to feel secure when a company representative visits their home or business to perform utility services. To help prevent imposters from gaining access to customers’ homes, UGI urges customers to keep the following safety information in mind:
- Late Home Visits: UGI does not routinely do any work unannounced late in the evening unless it’s a customer-requested appointment or legitimate gas emergency. UGI does not do meter reading work late in the evening.
- Credentials and Uniforms: Legitimate UGI meter readers, inspectors, collectors and service representatives routinely wear blue uniforms with a UGI logo and drive marked, numbered vehicles.
- Scheduled Service Visits: Most service work is performed on a pre-scheduled basis, with the exception of leak and corrosion surveys.
- Scheduled Meter Reading: Meter reading is performed on a scheduled date, as noted on your monthly bill, typically within the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Employee Identification: Ask to see proper identification before allowing anyone entrance to your home. Employees are required to carry photo ID cards. Customers are encouraged to closely inspect the identification provided by the worker. UGI Utilities’ identification badge displays the UGI logo, along with the employee’s photo and information. If you are suspicious about a person’s ID or activities, do not allow that person into your home and call UGI immediately at 800-276-2722 so that we can verify the visit.
- Email Correspondence: All legitimate emails from UGI Utility will be from email@example.com. All legitimate emails from UGI EnergyLink will be from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Switch to UGI EnergyLink for Natural Gas in Pennsylvania
UGI EnergyLink has served your community for 127 years—doing our best to both protect both your family and your finances while also saving you money on your monthly natural gas and electricity bills. UGI EnergyLink is one of the top natural gas and energy suppliers in the Commonwealth State and can help you lock in a low rate for your monthly energy use.
Stay safe and warm this winter while saving money by enrolling in UGI EnergyLink’s residential natural gas program today!