Natural Gas for HotelsNovember 21st, 2013
Natural gas is a smart and viable choice for heating and fueling many industries—and the hotel industry is no exception! The advantages of commercial natural gas service in deregulated markets can increase the experience and comfort of your overnight guests while decreasing costs associated with heating all the rooms and property.
Considering switching to natural gas services for your property is an easy and sensible decision for any manager or owner. UGI EnergyLink has been providing natural gas for over 127 years and services many eastern states with deregulated commercial markets. We provide services to many hotels throughout the eastern seaboard— there are so many advantages for a hotel that uses natural gas, so we understand why so many have made the switch!
Heating Needs for Hotels
While managing your hotel, you not only have to worry about smooth check-ins and speedy check-outs, but also the comfort of your guests while they are in their rooms. Natural gas as your heating source (instead of propane or oil) can provide precise and consistent heating for your rooms throughout the entire winter.
Natural gas is an affordable heating option when it comes to your hotel’s customer comfort levels. With natural gas, you can precisely control not only your rooms, but common areas and the lobby. Your hotel will benefit from:
- Fast heating
- Easily regulated and instant temperature control
- Dependable HVAC equipment
- And more
Many hotels have their own restaurant off of the lobby—your chefs can also reap the benefits of natural gas when it comes to their cooking. Natural gas in commercial kitchen appliances allows for:
- Evenly cooked dishes
- Precise temperature control of gas appliances
- Instant flame and heat for cooking
- Reduced cooking time (and therefore reduced fuel consumption)
- Lower maintenance costs
Natural gas may seem like the obvious choice for your hotel—your guests expect high quality and value of customer service. Let UGI EnergyLink provide your natural gas services and take care of your guests’ comfort and heating needs.
Benefits of Natural Gas for the Hotel and Guest Services Industry
At this time of year, you may be working on your hotel’s 2014 budget and plan. It is the perfect time to consider switching to UGI EnergyLink’s commercial services. You’ll immediately experience the benefits because natural gas as a heating source is:
- Predictable – in a deregulated natural gas market, your hotel can pick its fuel provider and the price contract. With UGI EnergyLink, we offer multiple pricing options— one of these being a fixed-rate which allows you to have price certainty and be able to expect monthly fuel costs. That way, regardless of how occupied your hotel is, you can still predict the cost of your utility bill.
- Dependable – during colder months, winter storms can cause power outages throughout the East Coast. Your guests are most likely on vacation and missing the comfort of home, so you should make them as comfortable as possible for their overnight stays. Hotels need to have everything working at all times (including during a winter storm) to provide comfort to their travelers and those who cannot make the drive in the weather conditions. Luckily, natural gas pipelines connect directly to your property so you won’t experience any service disruptions.
- Easy to use – switching to UGI EnergyLink is easy! If you already have natural gas lines running to your hotel, motel, or inn, simply fill out our enrollment form and you are just a few steps away from getting your natural gas from a company that has been serving the East Coast for over 127 years! If you use another type of fuel to heat your hotel, pipelines will need to be installed before benefitting from natural gas. To do this, call your local utility and see if there is a natural gas pipeline near your property. Once installed, UGI EnergyLink can take it from there!
Sign Up for UGI EnergyLink Commercial Natural Gas Services
As a fuel and heating method for your hotel, natural gas is very efficient and affordable. By enrolling with UGI EnergyLink’s commercial natural gas services, you can be sure to receive:
- An easy transition
- Competitive, transparent pricing
- Predictable monthly bills
- Great customer service
Pricing Options for Natural Gas in Hotels
Together, we can look at your hotel’s energy-use trends and find the smartest ways to purchase natural gas. Depending on your state’s deregulated market conditions, we can help you save money and make monthly bills more predictable, by offering the following pricing options:
Fixed price – achieve price certainty for periods that range from several months to more than a year by locking in a fixed price. It’s an ideal option that can help you manage your energy budgeting more easily.
Monthly price – buying at a monthly price gives you some certainty on energy costs while allowing monthly flexibility to take advantage of variable market conditions. This can help save your hotel money on the bottom line.
Contact us or enroll today by clicking that green button to the left if you own or manage a hotel or chain in:
- Delaware (DE)
- Maryland (MD)
- Massachusetts (MA)
- New Jersey (NJ)
- New York (NY)
- North Carolina (NC)
- Ohio (OH)
- Pennsylvania (PA)
- Virginia (VA)
- Washington, DC