Natural Gas Use for SalonsDecember 29th, 2014
An efficient and affordable energy option for commercial buildings, natural gas is the fuel choice for many salons throughout the Northeast. There are many advantages of using natural gas to fuel your hair, nail, or tanning salon, which include benefits such as hot water and maintaining a comfortable store environment for customers and employees.
UGI EnergyLink has over 127 years of industry experience and know-how, and we work with salons in many states with a deregulated energy market—meaning managers and owners can choose what fuel type is best for their business.
How Salons Use Natural Gas
Combining outstanding services while maintaining a comfortable salon environment is one of the largest factors for customers when deciding which salon to return to. Before scheduling an appointment or stopping by for a walk-in, most people anticipate spending a significant amount of time at their hair, nail, or tanning salon, so it’s important to make your customers feel as comfortable as possible during their visit. Use natural gas in your beauty salon to fuel:
- Furnaces – use natural gas to consistently heat your salon and provide a comfortable, welcoming environment for customers and employees.
- Hot water heaters – use natural gas to supply hot water to washing machines to clean and disinfect towels, rags, capes, and other essential equipment.
- Tankless water heaters – use natural gas to supply hot water to sinks and faucets or to each stylist’s own station.
- Dryers – use a natural gas dryer to finish laundry and prepare your salon for the next day!
- And more!
Benefits of Commercial Natural Gas for Salons
There are many benefits to choosing natural gas to fuel your salon. Natural gas:
- Dependable – Never worry about running out of fuel for your salon. Natural gas is delivered through underground pipelines, so you don’t need to schedule deliveries (like heating oil or propane).
- Energy efficient – Natural gas furnaces are often the most energy efficient heating systems, with some units reaching AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) ratings upwards of 97 percent!
- Domestically abundant – Did you know that natural gas is produced in the United States, and is even found in Pennsylvania in the Marcellus Shale? The price of heating oil can vary and depends on political policies, the supply available, and importation taxes. When you enroll in commercial gas service from UGI EnergyLink the natural gas used in your storefront is produced domestically and delivered directly to your salon!
- Easy to use – Making the switch to UGI EnergyLink for commercial natural gas is as easy as 1-2-3! Contact your local utility company to determine if there is a natural gas pipeline near your salon, or click here to enroll in UGI EnergyLink’s commercial natural gas services.
Switch to UGI EnergyLink for Commercial Natural Gas
When your company takes advantage of what UGI EnergyLink has to offer, you’ll receive:
- A customized approach that best meets your company’s needs
- Transparent pricing—no surprises or hidden fees
- Predictability with your monthly energy bills
- Answers to your questions from professionals you can trust
- Customer support from a company that has been serving the area for more than 127 years
Ready to make the switch to a natural gas plan that your salon can afford? Fill out our simple enrollment form today: