Natural Gas for Office Buildings in PennsylvaniaSeptember 19th, 2014
As an office building manager or owner, it’s important to regularly review your property costs and spending habits. While expenses like garbage removal services, security system maintenance, and cleaning fees may be fixed costs, your energy buying habits and spending on natural gas is something that you have the opportunity to decrease. The commercial natural gas market in Pennsylvania is deregulated—meaning you have the option of which supplier you enroll with.
UGI EnergyLink has been serving the industry and PA area for more than 127 years. We provide reliable, affordable natural gas for companies like yours. Find out the benefits of natural gas and switching to UGI EnergyLink below!
Office Space Heating & Energy Needs
Offices use natural gas on a daily basis—even when a business is closed. Natural gas is used for space heating and cooling, lighting, water heating, and in office kitchens. While natural gas is used throughout most of your building operations, natural gas is an extremely efficient and economical fuel to depend on when it comes to keeping your building running, and, most importantly, comfortable.
Benefits of Natural Gas for Office Buildings
Many office managers prefer natural gas for the heating and energy source (compared to propane and oil) because natural gas as a heating source is:
- The cleanest fossil fuel – Natural gas produces fewer greenhouse gases than coal or oil. By using natural gas to heat your office building, you are helping to protect the environment from damaging emissions.
- Predictable – In a deregulated market, you’re able to choose your fuel provider and the pricing rate you have. You’re able to predict how much your monthly utility bill will be based on your usage (measured in BTUs, or British Thermal Units).
- Dependable – Natural gas (and the appliances that use that type of fuel) work even if the power is out. With storms and power outages common during Pennsylvania winters, you don’t have to worry that your building will be freezing even if the electricity is out.
- Domestically abundant – Natural gas is an abundant, domestically produced fuel that is found right here at home in Pennsylvania. You can count on it year-round and not have to worry about shortages due to international or political conflicts.
- Easy to use – If you already have natural gas pipelines running to your office building, switching is easy. Even in a deregulated market, switching natural gas suppliers does not lead to any service interruptions or outages. The same natural gas is delivered through your same pipelines from your local utility.
Now that you understand the benefits of natural gas usage in office buildings compared to other fuels, it’s important to understand the advantages of owning a property in a deregulated market: you have a choice.
Natural Gas Pricing Options for Offices in Pennsylvania
There is no one pricing option that is best for all office buildings. When you enroll with UGI EnergyLink, you will work with one of our specialists to look at your property’s energy-buying habits and trends to find the most affordable and efficient way to purchase natural gas.
We offer the following pricing options for our commercial building owners and managers:
Fixed price – This option allows you to achieve price certainty for periods that range from several months to more than a year by locking in a fixed price. It’s an ideal option that can help you manage your energy budgeting more easily. Fixed rates are good for office spaces that use the same amount of natural gas year-round. It can be a very stable priced option with a little spike in the winter to heat the property.
Monthly price – Buying at a monthly price gives you some certainty on energy costs while allowing monthly flexibility—you can then take advantage of variable market conditions to help save money on the bottom line.
Fuel switching for savings – Depending on market conditions, you may be able to use varied fuel choices to maximize your purchasing power. We can switch deliveries among natural gas, fuel oil, or propane, based on your preferences, to take advantage of product price differentials at any particular time.
Sign Up for UGI EnergyLink’s Commercial Natural Gas Service
Not sure which pricing option is best for you? Contact us today! Natural gas may be the more efficient and affordable fuel and heat method for your Pennsylvania office building. By enrolling with UGI EnergyLink’s commercial natural gas services, you can be sure to receive:
- An easy transition
- Competitive, transparent pricing
- Predictable monthly bills
- Great customer service