2014 Residential Electric Rates in PennsylvaniaMay 7th, 2014
This year may be off to a cold start, but homeowners across Pennsylvania are already looking ahead toward spring. One part of your spring cleaning routine may be looking through your family’s budget and spending habits and finding new places to save money. Whether you are trying to save up for some spring remodeling or want to budget extra spending money for your summer vacation, even saving $20 on your monthly energy bill can greatly add up.
Because PA has a deregulated electric market, you are able to easily switch electricity suppliers with the possibility of securing a lower rate and saving money on your energy bills.
UGI EnergyLink has been providing electricity to homeowners throughout PA for more than 127 years and we have the experience and expertise with our customer service staff to provide your family with reliable electric supply and even possibly save you money!
Home Electricity Prices in PA for January 2014
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the average retail price of electricity to residential consumers in January 2014 within Pennsylvania was 12.74 cents per kWh (kilowatt per hour). The average Pennsylvania household consumed 866 kWh per month on average at the start of 2014—translating to an average monthly bill of $107.88.
If your household is smaller or utilizes smart energy and electricity saving practices, you might pay even less each month! Saving an additional cent or two on your electric rate or consuming less kWh per month can lead to monthly savings of $20 or more—saving you almost $250 on the year.
Residential Electricity Pricing Options
While each electric suppliers’ rates will vary, UGI EnergyLink offers fixed rate pricing and indexed pricing for residential customers. The fixed rate pricing is ideal for households that need to meet a specific budget and want to be able to estimate their energy bills based on electricity consumption each month. Indexed pricing allows homeowners to accept some level of risk by taking advantage of the market pricing.
We can help you determine the best pricing option for your family in order to give you the biggest opportunity to save money. We also offer:
- Ease of transition – transitioning to UGI EnergyLink is easy; all you need to do is fill out our simple enrollment form to begin.
- Excellent quality of service – we are a member of PJM which coordinates delivery of electricity throughout Pennsylvania.
- Over 100 years in the community – we have been around for over 127 years and take pride in our home state of Pennsylvania where we put our customers first .
Choosing Residential Electricity in Pennsylvania
The opportunity to save on energy expenses should not be passed up, so if you’re looking to switch PA electric suppliers, here are some tips:
- Understand your current electricity usage before switching
- Compare different rates
- Search for a reputable company with a history of great customer service
- Look for additional services and features—like HVAC maintenance protection plans
- Have your account number and current utility company handy when enrolling or inquiring about rates
Switching to us could save your family money each month. Call us or contact us online to learn more about our residential electricity services.