Residential Natural Gas, Propane & Oil Prices in PennsylvaniaNovember 22nd, 2014
Are you a Pennsylvania homeowner looking for alternative energy options to maximize savings while also keeping your home at a comfortable temperature during the cold, wintry weather? Natural gas, oil, and propane are all fuel options used to heat homes throughout Pennsylvania, but which one is best for your home? When selecting which fuel to heat your PA home, you should not only consider the cost, but also the energy efficiency of the fuel source—whether natural gas, oil, or propane.
Contact UGI EnergyLink today or call 800-797-0712 to learn more about the benefits of natural gas, propane, and oil for your home!
UGI EnergyLink has been providing services to keep homes warm for more than a century, and we’ve outlined the advantages and costs of each heating choice based on estimates and data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).
Cost of Oil to Heat Your Home
Although using oil to heat your home is a traditional form of fuel across Pennsylvania, you can expect to pay significantly more by choosing it. Oil heating is:
- Costly. Some industry professionals estimate that oil heating is five times more expensive than natural gas.
- Imported from abroad. Oil often comes from regions that are economically and politically unstable.
- Stored in tanks. Instead of being delivered through pipelines, oil is stored in tanks. That means your house can become cold and uncomfortable once your oil tank is empty.
Since oil is less expensive when bought before heating season, it’s not only a hassle to refill your home heating oil tank in the dead of winter—it’s also costly.
Cost of Propane to Heat Your Home
Propane is a heating fuel that is produced from natural gas. Therefore, it’s inherently more expensive due to the increase in energy resources required to yield the fuel. Residents of Pennsylvania might also experience the following changes after opting for propane as a home heating choice:
- Volatile seasonal fluctuations in price. Costs often spike unexpectedly and disproportionately compared to normal supply and demand fluctuations.
- Higher cost at peak season. While a high demand will normally cause a price spike, the price tends to increase even more since propane can be difficult to obtain during the heating season.
Call us at 800-797-0712 to learn more about using propane to heat your home! »
Choose Natural Gas to Heat Your Home
As a heating source for your home, natural gas is the obvious choice when compared to oil or propane. Did you know the state of Pennsylvania is actually becoming one the most productive gas resources in the United States—and the world? This incredible opportunity allows us to offer our customers lower prices than we could if there was a smaller supply of natural gas in this area. Natural gas is many things, including:
- Affordable. Costs are typically much lower than propane or oil heating costs.
- Predictable. Our fixed-rate pricing plan allows you to anticipate your monthly heating costs, instead of worrying about the fluctuating costs associated with oil and propane. We also offer variable pricing depending on your natural gas preferences.
- The cleanest burning fuel source. Natural gas also emits less greenhouse gases than oil or propane.
- Domestically abundant in supply. Pennsylvania is located on top of a major shale that is one of the biggest producers of domestic natural gas.
Contact us online now to find out how much you could save with natural gas in Pennsylvania! »
Switch to UGI EnergyLink’s Residential Natural Gas Services
If you’ve been thinking about switching to natural gas, now is the perfect time! Not only is it a cleaner heating source when compared to oil and propane, but it’s also more affordable. With UGI EnergyLink’s pricing options, you no longer have to be surprised by your high heating costs. Now, you’ll know how much you owe and can expect a regular monthly energy bill. In an effort to provide affordable pricing, we offer different payment options to add predictability to your winter heating costs in Pennsylvania.
UGI EnergyLink is one of Pennsylvania’s largest natural gas providers, serving families from Allentown to Pittsburgh and everywhere in between. Our fixed and variable rate programs are designed to help you save over time, making sure your home stays warm at an affordable price.
Make the switch to natural gas with UGI EnergyLink today by calling us at 800-797-0712! You can also fill out an enrollment form online now to kickstart the process and start seeing the savings!