Commercial Electricity for Restaurants in PennsylvaniaJuly 8th, 2014
Did you know that according to the U.S. Department of Energy, restaurants use about 2.5 times more energy per square foot than other commercial buildings? As a restaurant owner or manager, keeping costs down while still providing an excellent dining experience for your customers is an important role. With energy deregulation in Pennsylvania, this is achievable since you now have the choice of electricity suppliers.
Restaurant Electricity Needs
When managing your restaurant, you’re dealing with not only employee schedules, food delivery and quality of prepared dishes, but also the comfort of your customers while they dine in your establishment. Electricity is included in all of this—so your rate and which electricity supplier you have in Pennsylvania is a huge factor!
Your restaurant uses electricity with almost every operation, including:
- Cooking appliances
- Kitchen equipment
- Water heating
- Office equipment
- And more
When is the last time you looked at your electricity rate compared to the competitive PA market? Call us today to find out how much you could save with UGI EnergyLink!
Managing Electricity Use in Restaurants
There are many short term solutions you can do to cut down on energy costs for your restaurants, including:
- Inspecting refrigerator and freezer doors to prevent leaks and energy waste
- Scheduling regular HVAC maintenance to ensure your system runs optimally to keep the entire facility comfortable
- Replacing signage (such as menu boards and exterior signs) with LED lights
- Buying ENERGY STAR® rate appliances to cook with more energy efficient equipment
If you’re looking for a greater way to save money on your energy bills, shop around for a better rate with your utility or current electricity marketer.
Pennsylvania Restaurants Electricity Suppliers
When you’re shopping for electricity, you want to make smart decisions for your restaurants—improving your bottom line can help keep your customers and employees happier. At UGI EnergyLink, we’re here to help small businesses and restaurant owners. We have over 127 years of experience providing electricity to commercial kitchens and other businesses throughout Pennsylvania, and can provide you with the opportunity to save money on your monthly energy bills when you switch!
As a result of electricity deregulation, UGI EnergyLink can offer two pricing arrangements for restaurant owners or managers:
- Fixed pricing – this is an excellent option for property managers who must meet specific budget criteria with a constant price for the entire period
- Indexed pricing – this is suitable for restaurant owners who are able to accept some level of risk by taking advantage of market pricing. Wholesale market conditions will dictate whether rates go up or down.
To determine the best electricity pricing option for your PA restaurants, contact one of our service professionals. Together we will:
- Review your current buying habits
- Develop a plan for purchasing electricity at more favorable rates or terms than you might get with your utility company or electricity marketer
Contact us today or fill out our simple enrollment form to make the switch and see how much you could save!