Natural Gas for RestaurantsNovember 27th, 2013
As an efficient and affordable choice for heating and fueling commercial properties, natural gas is a popular heating source for many restaurants. The advantages of commercial natural gas service in deregulated markets can increase a restaurant’s service efficiency and customer experience, while decreasing costs associated with heating the space and food.
As a restaurant manager or owner, there are many things you should know when considering switching to natural gas services. But who do you trust when shopping for commercial natural gas suppliers? UGI EnergyLink has been providing natural gas for over 127 years and services many eastern states with deregulated markets. We provide services to many restaurants throughout the eastern seaboard. There are so many advantages for a restaurant to use natural gas and we definitely understand why so many have made the switch to UGI EnergyLink!
Restaurant Heating & Energy Needs
To smoothly operate a restaurant (and one that turns a profit), you should prepare high-quality food, as well as provide great customer service at a cost-effective level. Natural gas can help with all of those needs. Natural gas is an affordable heating option when it comes to both your restaurant’s customer and cooking needs.
In the kitchen, natural gas allows for:
- Evenly cooked dishes
- Precise temperature control of gas appliances
- Instant flame and heat for cooking
- Reduced cooking time (and therefore reduced fuel consumption)
- Lower maintenance costs
Once the food leaves the kitchen, natural gas still has advantages in a restaurant’s dining room, including:
- Fast heating of the seating area during winter months
- Instant temperature control that is easily regulated
- Dependable HVAC equipment
- Comfortable inside and outside dining areas
Benefits of Natural Gas for the Food Industry
Because of these advantages, many chefs and restaurant managers prefer natural gas for their heating source. Why? Because natural gas as a heating source provides the following benefits:
- Predictable – in a deregulated natural gas market, your restaurant can pick its fuel provider. With UGI EnergyLink, we offer multiple pricing options. One of these is a fixed-price rate which allows you to have price certainty and be able to predict monthly fuel costs. Just as your restaurant may have on going orders for fresh vegetables or a set order with a meat vendor, your natural gas can be that regulated. This way, you’ll always be able to expect what’s on your monthly utility bill.
- Dependable – during colder months, winter storms can cause power outages through most of the eastern seaboard. Don’t leave your customers hungry—many natural gas appliances, such as a gas stove, work even when the electricity is out. In addition, natural gas is an abundant, domestically produced fuel that you can count on year round.
- Easy to Use – switching to UGI EnergyLink is easy! If you already have natural gas pipelines running to your restaurant, simply fill out our enrollment form and you are just a few steps away from getting your natural gas from a company that has been serving the East Coast for over 127 years! If not, contact your local utility to see if there are natural gas pipelines in the area. They will be able to tell you if there is a natural gas pipeline in your restaurant’s vicinity that can be hooked up to your property.
- The best way to cook – a survey from the Gas Foodservice Equipment Network found that nine out of 10 professional chefs prefer cooking with natural gas due to its accurate and precise temperature control. Heating your restaurant can also benefit from this precise temperature control, ensuring that customers are comfortable during their dining experience.
Sign Up for UGI EnergyLink Commercial Natural Gas Services
Natural gas may be the more efficient and affordable fuel and heat method for your restaurant on the East Coast. By enrolling with UGI EnergyLink’s commercial natural gas services, you can be sure to receive:
- An easy transition
- Competitive, transparent pricing
- Predictable monthly bills
- Great customer service
Pricing Options for Natural Gas in Restaurants
You can work with one of our specialists to look at your restaurant’s energy-buying trends and habits—finding the most affordable and efficient way to purchase natural gas to keep your kitchen and building working.
If you’d like to talk to our Retention Specialist to determine which rate option is best for your restaurant’s natural gas needs, call us at 1-800-797-0712800-797-0712!
Depending on your state’s deregulated market conditions, we can help you save money and make monthly bills more predictable, by offering the following pricing options:
Fixed price – achieve price certainty for periods that range from several months to more than a year by locking in a fixed price. It’s an ideal option that can help you manage your energy budgeting more easily. Fixed rates are good for restaurants that use gas appliances within their kitchen—if a restaurant uses the same amount year round to prepare the food, it can be a very stable priced option with a little spike in the winter to heat the property as well.
Monthly price – buying at a monthly price gives you some certainty on energy costs while allowing monthly flexibility – you can then take advantage of variable market conditions to help save your restaurant money on the bottom line.
Fuel switching for savings – depending on market conditions, you may be able to use varied fuel choices to maximize your purchasing power. We can switch deliveries among natural gas, fuel oil, or propane, based on your preferences, to take advantage of product price differentials at any particular time.
Contact us or enroll today by clicking that green button to the left if you own or manage a restaurant in:
- Delaware (DE)
- Maryland (MD)
- Massachusetts (MA)
- New Jersey (NJ)
- New York (NY)
- North Carolina (NC)
- Ohio (OH)
- Pennsylvania (PA)
- Virginia (VA)
- Washington, DC